MCCAULEY’S® OMEGA BRAN (MINI-PELLET) 25 lb / 50 lb
FOR IMPROVING HAIR COAT & HOOF QUALITY IN HORSES
McCauley’s Omega Bran is an elevated essential fatty acid supplement balanced with vitamins and minerals. This high fat supplement contains 25% fat, all from vegetable sources. Combining the best of rice bran and flaxseed, Omega Bran is rich in gamma-oryzanols, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and lecithins. It is excellent for improving hair coat and/or body condition and provides a safe source of calories for nutritionally challenged horses.
- Crude Protein (minimum) 16.0%
- Crude Fat (minimum) 25.0%
- Crude Fibre (maximum) 9.0%
- Calcium (minimum) 1.0%
- Calcium (maximum) 1.5%
- Phosphorus (minimum) 1.0%
- Iodine (minimum) 0.5 mg/kg
- Copper (minimum) 40 mg/kg
- Zinc (minimum) 130 mg/kg
- Vitamin A (minimum) 6,000 IU/kg
- Vitamin E (minimum) 300 IU/kg
This feed contains added Selenium at 1.0 mg/kg.
McCauley’s Omega Bran can be fed alone or mixed with feed. The following recommendations are for an average size riding horse (450 to 600 kg). The actual feeding amounts should be adjusted according to the body weight of the horse.
Four hundred fifty grams of Omega Bran can replace 680 to 900 grams of a typical feed without sacrificing vitamin levels or upsetting mineral balances.
To add significant amount of fat to the diet, feed at least 225 grams per day.
Adding 450 to 900 grams of Omega Bran to the diet can provide significant weight gain.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Blend of rice bran and flaxseed.
Will improve body condition, hair coat and skin condition of horses loss, dried scaly skin, and hoof wall cracks.
Alternative source of calories for older horses or horses suffering from nutritionally challenging conditions.
By replacing part or all of the grain/feed portion of the diet, Omega Bran can reduce the starch and carbohydrate intake and therefore provides a safe alternative source of calories.
Synergistic combination of ingredients.
Has a very desirable taste and is a naturally rich source of both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, lecithins, gamma-oryzanols, tocopherols, and tocotrienols. These natural components help to ensure optimum health,maximize immune function and prevent cellular damage.
- Performance horses, such as endurance horses, three-day eventers, racehorses, etc.
- Conditioning horses for sale or show.
- Older horses and hard keepers.
- Horses with nutritionally challenging conditions, such as allergies to common grains, colic, Equine Motor Neuron Disease (EMND), Equine Polysaccharide Storage Myopathy (PSSM),
- Heaves (COPD) and Hyperkalemic Periodic Paralysis (HYPP).
For additional calories with even less bulk, McCauley's® All-Natural Rice Bran Oil is recommended in place of McCauley's® Omega Bran®.